SUBMIT AN EMPLOYMENT AD
If you would like to post an oncology-related position on our website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job description being as brief as possible, create a heading similar to those below, and include all links to mentioned websites. VCS only posts oncology-related positions and there is no cost. Simply email VCS when you are ready for the posting to be deleted.
University of Florida Small Animal Hospital seeks Radiation Oncology Technician Assistant
The AAHA accredited Oncology service sees over 3,500 patients annually, offering a state of the art level of care through medical intervention, surgical expertise, and radiation therapy. Highlights of this service include personalized chemotherapy protocols, radiation therapy treatments, and advanced treatment options such as melanoma vaccines.
The Radiation Oncology service uses a linear accelerator to deliver radiation to our cancer patients who are under anesthesia. This service is looking for a veterinary technician assistant to help within their area so the technicians and doctors can continue to provide excellent patient-focused care Primary duties of the assistant will include assisting the technician with anesthetizing patients and ensuring safe recoveries. They would also maintain the cleanliness of the area and equipment along with maintaining the inventory and stock. If interested please visit http://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/cw/en-us/job/500560/ops-veterinary-assistant for more information and to apply!
For more information on other positions available at the UF Small Animal Hospital, please visit http://smallanimal.vethospital.ufl.edu/contact-us/careers/ or email inquiries to email@example.com.
VCA Animal Specialty Group seeks Oncology Technician
VCA Animal Specialty Group in San Diego, CA is currently seeking a full-time Veterinary Technician to join its growing oncology team. Our state of the art facilities were completed in October 2016 and are a fully functioning multi-specialty and emergency hospital, established in the suburbs of San Diego.
The Oncology Technicians’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with client communications, presenting estimates, regular patient updates
- Performing patient care including restraint, venipuncture, advanced placement of IV catheters, preparing and administering chemotherapy drugs
- Assisting with sedation/anesthesia protocols
- Performing in-house lab tests such as; blood work, urinalysis, cytology staining, etc.
- Performing and assisting in-house imaging diagnostics including radiographs, CT scans, ultrasounds
- Providing education to clients in regards to chemotherapy side effects, at home care and safety precautions specific to oncology patients
- Associates degree in Veterinary Technology or equivalent, but not required
- Registered Veterinary Technician status preferred, but not required
- One or more years in specialty practice, oncology specialty favored but not required
- Candidate should possess the ability to multitask, handle stressful and emotional situations
- Candidate should have a good understanding of medical terminology and familiarity with veterinary pharmacology
- Must be able to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Must be a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and self-started with a professional and positive attitude
- Flexibility with work schedule
If interested, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 858-560-0206
For more information about VCA Animal Specialty Group, please visit our website at http://www.vcaspecialtyvets.com/animal-specialty-group.
Dogs and Cats Veterinary Referral and Emergency seeks Oncology Technician
Dogs and Cats Veterinary Referral and Emergency is seeking an experienced Veterinary Technician to join our Oncology service. The strong candidate will be an experienced anesthetist, will be proficient in all basic technical skills, and will have excellent communication, leadership, and organizational skills. You will have the opportunity to work side by side with our Medical Oncologist, as well as 11 other specialists and emergency doctors on staff, and the skilled technicians on their teams. You will assist in diagnostic procedures using CT, Ultrasound, and Digital Radiography, and will help facilitate outpatient care and chemotherapy treatment. You will be directly involved communication with clients, referring veterinarians, and other clinicians on site.
We are a 24-hour specialty practice and teaching hospital in Bowie, Maryland, offering services in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Neurology/Neurosurgery, Oncology, Radiology, General Surgery, and 24 Hour Emergency. Our facility is equipped with state of the art technology, including Eklin Digital Radiography, Telemetry, CT, MRI, Video Laparoscope and Endoscopes, and a fully integrated IDEXX in house laboratory connected with our Cornerstone Practice Management System. Employment with Dogs and Cats Veterinary Referral and Emergency offers opportunities for advancement and recognition in your field. Our technicians are given ample yearly CE allowance to continue to expand their knowledge and hone their skills. We are seeking career-minded technicians who are flexible, team oriented, eager to learn, and who wish to advance in their veterinary technology career. Competitive salaries and excellent healthcare benefits are available. Full application available via our website www.dcvetreferral.com. Send application and resume’ to Heather Sipes via email (email@example.com).