What are the Benefits of Membership?
- Online quarterly newsletters
- Access to members-only areas of the VCS web site
- Online directory of VCS members
- Complimentary electronic version of the annual and mid-year conference proceedings
- COMING SOON! Professional advancement and networking webinars
- Discounted conference registration and proceedings
- Reduced rate to Veterinary and Comparative Oncology Journal
- Client referral center
- Continuing education credit available online
- Optional membership in the Veterinary Cooperative Oncology Group (VCOG)
- Optional Membership in the Veterinary Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (VRTOG)
- Optional Membership in the Veterinary Technicians Cancer Society (VTCS)
- Optional Membership in the Oncology Pathology Working Group (OPWG)
- Free classified ads for oncology positions
What are the Membership Rates?
Membership rates vary by your particular “position” within the veterinary field. All memberships begin, and are due, on January 1st and expire on December 31st regardless of when they are paid. NEW applicants may use the early rate at any time of the year. Those new applicants who join after October 1st will have their membership extended through the end of the following year.
NOTE FOR NEW MEMBERS (those who have NEVER been a member of VCS or not in the past 5+ years): New members may always join VCS at any time of year by using the “before April 1st” pricing but must complete and return the paper registration form via mail or email. You will not get the early rate online after April 1st.
- Voting Members: Open to those with a DVM, VMD, MD, Ph.D. or equivalent advanced degree. Members in good standing will have the right to vote and to hold elected office
- Professional Members: $175.00 if paid before April 1st; $275.00 after April 1st
- Resident Members (those in an official Residency program) $50.00 if paid before April 1st; $100.00 after April 1st
- Intern Members:: (those who are Interns) $50.00 if paid before April 1st; $100.00 after April 1st
- Technicians: $40 if paid before April 1st; $90 after April 1st
- Non-Voting Members: The following members may not hold office or vote
- Student Members (those who are current undergraduate, graduate or PdD candidates) $50.00 if paid before April 1st; $100.00 after April 1st
- Retired Members (those who are fully retired from the veterinary profession) $50.00 if paid before April 1st; $100.00 after April 1st
- Associate Members (Any non-degreed person with a special interest in veterinary oncology. Associate members will receive the quarterly newsletter and may pay member rates on annual conference registration, proceedings or any other item offered at a “members only” rate.) $75.00 all year
Would you like to know more about VCS?
Check out the Current VCS Bylaws.
How to Join
NOTE FOR NEW MEMBERS (those who have NEVER been a member of VCS or not in the past 5+ years): New members may always join VCS at any time of year by using the “before April 1st” pricing but must complete and return the paper registration form via mail or email. You will NOT be able to join online after April 1st using the early rate.
Veterinary Cancer Society
P.O. Box 30855
Columbia, MO 65205