Question: What can I expect from the 2016 Annual Conference?
- There will be several joint events and sessions with ACVR including the Thursday morning Interventional Radiation/Oncology session, Saturday morning Radiation Oncology session, Welcome Reception, Poster Presentations, morning and afternoon breaks, and Saturday night social event. Each attendee will receive a complete schedule of both conferences so that you can attend any session listed that you have interest in.
- CHANGE: The conference officially begins at 8:00 am on Thursday morning and concludes with the big Closing Event at Splittsville Luxury Lanes on Saturday at 7 pm.
- NEW! The poster presentations have been moved to Friday morning from 10:55 am until 12:15 pm.
- NEW! Friday night will be a FREE night to get out and do what you’d like in the Orlando area. Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney) is right across the street.
- NEW! We now have an all-inclusive guest ticket for adults and children that will allow access to the Welcome Reception and Saturday evening Closing Event.
- CHANGE: The Resident Review Workshop takes place on Friday, October 21st from 1:30-5:30 pm The Workshop is FREE to all current VCS member Residents only. All others will pay a nominal fee.
- NEW! Each half day session will focus on a particular theme. Saturday afternoon will be filled with general abstracts that may not fit in one of the four pre-selected categories.
- CHANGE: The Resident & Technician Awards and Membership Meeting have been combined and will take place on Saturday afternoon at 3:30 pm.
Question: What meals are provided at the conference?
- There are a variety of breakfasts or lunches provided for all attendees though not every day. Refer to the conference schedule. Some meals will be on your own when not provided by a sponsor.
- Mid-morning and afternoon food & beverage breaks each day.
- Light hors-d’oeuvres at the Welcome Reception.
- One ticket to the Saturday evening Closing Event, which includes food and beverage, is included in your registration fee. You must register for this if you plan to attend.
Question: What time does the conference end? Abstract presentations will end at approximately 3:00 pm on Saturday, October 22nd followed closely by the Awards Reception and Membership Meeting at 3:30 pm. The joint Closing Event with ACVR will take place at Splittsville Luxury Lanes on Saturday at 7:00 pm. You can find a complete conference schedule here.
Question: I have been selected to present a poster at the conference. When and where do I hang it? You will hang your poster in the Palm Ballroom no later than 8 am on Friday, October 21st. Posters must be removed by 3 pm on Saturday. Your name will be on the board in which you are to hang your poster. You must be present at the Poster presentation session on Friday morning from 10:55 am until 12:15 pm. Your poster must be 3 feet wide by 4 feet tall (vertical) so that two posters can fit on one board. You can only present ONE poster during the conference.
Question: I have been selected for an oral abstract presentation. Do I have to submit this presentation prior to the confreence? Yes. All presenters selected for oral presentation (except SOTA and Keynote presenters) will receive an email that includes an individualized link in which to submit your oral presentation. All presentations must be uploaded by October 18th at 11:59 pm.
Question: How many CE hours will I receive by attending this conference and when will I receive the certificate? Please see the Continuing Education page for more information.
Question: I want to register as a VCS member but haven’t paid my 2016 dues yet. What should I do? If you are a VCS member who has not renewed your dues for 2016, we recommend that you do so prior to registering for the conference so that you can take advantage of the VCS member rates. To do so, log in HERE using your email address and password, select the online store, select your membership category and proceed to payment. If you have difficulty call Sandi Strother at 573-823-8497. Please note: If you have been a VCS member in the past but your membership has expired, and you register for the conference using the VCS member rate, please be sure to renew your membership prior to arriving at the conference to avoid long lines at the registration desk. You will still be asked to pay your 2017 dues by January 1st. Those people who have never been a member of VCS and join after September 1st will be a member for the remainder of 2016 and all of 2017 and will be able to register for the 2016 conference using the member registration rate.
Question: I am a Resident who was selected to present an oral or poster abstract. What registration fee do I use? If you are a current VCS member Resident, use the VCS Member Resident Presenter fee of $125. If you are NOT a VCS member who has been selected to present an oral abstract, use the non-member Resident rate. Residents should wait until they receive notification of their assignment in late July before registering for the conference.
Question: I recently completed my residency (within the past year) and have been accepted to present my abstract. What conference registration rate do I use? Because you are no longer a Resident, you are required to pay the Professional registration rate for the conference. You are still eligible to present in the Resident category and accept one of the Resident Awards if your abstract is selected as a winner.
Question: I am a student or intern whose abstract has been accepted in the oral or poster category. Which registration rate do I use? Students or interns selected to present a poster or oral abstract must register for the conference paying the STUDENT or INTERN rate.
Question: I plan to register on site. What will that cost? There will be a late fee of $50 charged in addition to the regular registration fee when registering onsite. See the registration page for more information on rates.
Question: I am paying for Saturday only. Does the single day fee include the Closing Event? No. You must pay separately for the Closing Event if you wish to attend.
AIRPORT, DRIVING AND SHUTTLE QUESTIONS
Question: Is there shuttle transportation to and from the airport to the Hilton Lake Buena Vista? There are several options for getting to the hotel from the airport. See the TRAVEL page for detailed information as it becomes available.
Question: How do I get to the hotel if I am driving? You may get information for travelling to the Hilton Lake Buena Vista on the hotel website. There is a discounted parking fee for conference attendees. Be sure to let the hotel know you are with VCS and that you have a car when you check in to get the discounted rate. Valet parking is also available..
Question: When can I make my reservation at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vists? The group block will open June 1st. A link will can be found on the accommodations page. While we increased the size of the block this year, we anticipate that rooms will sell out quickly. The group rate is $184.
Question: Is there a discounted rate available for Students/Residents/Interns at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista? Yes, there is a discounted rate of $149/night plus tax on a group of 25 double rooms for those students, interns, residents who are on a limited budget, however, you must call the hotel to reserve a room in that category AND you must share a room with someone of your choice. See the accommodations page for more information.
Question: What is the website address to the conference headquarters hotel? You will find the website here.
Question: When is the last day that I can make a hotel reservation? The block closes thirty days prior to the conference but please know that it is highly likely to sell out prior to that dates. After that time, there may be rooms available but you may not be able to get the conference rate. Links to nearby hotels will be located on the accommodations page once the block sells out.
Question: I am travelling alone. Can VCS help me find a roommate? VCS does not pair roommates, however, you may email us at VetCancerConference@yahoo.com and let us know that you are looking for a roommate. If others contact us looking for the same, we will let you know.
Question: Is there a spa at the hotel? No
Questions: Are there restaurants nearby? Yes, there are a number of restaurants within very easy walking distance to the hotel. The very popular Disney Springs is located directly across the street and is filled with restaurants, shopping, a movie theater, entertainment of all types and so much more.